Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow, how time flies! I've been super busy, but not quite sure with what. I spent a week volunteering at the Kid's Camp at the Humane Society. It was super fun and I learned more than enough about animals. At the end of the week I got to meet one of my favorite TV personalities, Adam Richman, who came to Flying Pie for his show Man V. Food. I'll keep everyone posted on when the episode will air. I've also been doing a lot of sewing. I finally finished my dress!


It was definitely hard work, but I am so glad I started with a difficult project. I'm now working on a dress all by myself. I will also be continuing classes to work on my first blouse. Here are some previews:


I've also been continuing my cooking skills. I got a new brunch book that yielded a delicious brunch for me and James (and roommates). My salsa garden has also flourished, and mom and I made some truly awesome salsa.

I've also had the biggest craving for a BLT so I tried my hand at tempeh bacon. YUMMM!
If you like tempeh and delicious sandwiches (Emily), I'd definitely recommend trying it out.
Finally, I've been continuing my furniture collections. I finished painting my hope chest. The fabric on top will (hopefully) be made into a cushion for the top of the chest. I also found the most beautiful writing desk at an antique store. I've been searching for a desk for a while, and as soon as I saw this one I knew it was perfect. It's been a great sewing place, and I'm sure will be great for all kinds of things in the future.

I've also still been looking for jobs. I think there could be some big changes in store... I'm just keeping "the world is my oyster" attitude, and we'll see where it takes me. Oh, and for those of you wondering about the kittens, it was a whirlwind yesterday with Jack and Jill both getting adopted (to separate homes). That leaves us with just Twiggy and Mama. Updates to come...

1 comment:

  1. Wow looking at your updated blog you can see our family likes good food! Scrolling through it shows just how talented you are...I am so proud of you this summer, can't wait to see what Fall brings~ Mom~

    ReplyDelete