Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Furniturepalooza!

So even though I don't have a physical house to move in to, I have been really enjoying collecting and working on furniture for my future room. I already posted my dresser, but mom and I added several pieces in the past couple of weeks. First, mom said I could take an old oak chair of Uncle Doug's. Unfortunately, it had a pretty gross old stain.
So, with the help of the fabulous women where I take sewing lessons, I reupholstered the cushion. I found this gorgeous fabric at the shop and instantly knew it was perfect for my chair.


Now I just need to get a table or desk to sew at. Also, I wanted to make sure I had a chair to read, hang out, think in. Mom and I went to Renewal, an awesome used furniture store in Old Boise, and found an amazing little chair, clearly from the 60s.
They priced it so you could reupholster it, but I'm actually really in love with the fabric, so for now, it's staying. Also at Renewal, we found a gorgeous oak-lined hope chest. It caught my eye because it was the same color of the dresser I did in May. I bought it, but in the interest of not having a super matchy matchy room, I've decided to paint it. Any votes on what color it should be are much appreciated!


Finally, I've been making some earrings and definitely needed a new jewelry organization system. I've been seeing these awesome frame earring holders around for $50 minimum. Here is my version...


Made for a grand total of $12.50. Thanks to Claire for the old screen. Now if I could only find an apartment, job, etc. Cross your fingers for good updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. all of that looks amazing! i love the fabric on the vintage chair too...it's pretty awesome. again, my vote's on either the red or the purple color :)

    ReplyDelete