Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Because I am a sucker...




I haven't updated in a bit because a couple of weeks ago we took in a new foster kitten, and have been busy. Her name is Smudge and she is adorable! They found her in a canal, and she was filthy when we got her. But after a few baths she's a great cuddler. She also loves to play, and her and Jack (our only kitten left from our original litter) are getting along pretty well. Luckily, my friend Jenny is going to adopt her when she's old enough. I'm sure she will be a great addition to Jenny's salon, since she loves to snuggle on everyone's laps! I also helped out with See Spot Splash, a fundraiser for dog parks put on by the Humane Society. All the dogs got to swim in the Natatorium, a public pool in Boise. Miles and James stopped by and a good time was had by all.

The most exciting thing that has happened is that I spent Labor Day in Phoenix with Maddie. It was a total blast. The weather was totally bearable and it was very cool to see a new part of the country. I also got to just see what Maddie's life down there was all about. Even just running errands was fun! I also got to see her classroom (she teaches Biology for Teach for America). And my first palm tree! I'm already planning my next visit...



No comments:

Post a Comment