Monday, June 29, 2009

"New" Bike!!

I know many of you have heard about the updates I've been making on my beloved bike. In May, James and I spent several days painting it. I had no idea it would take so long, but it was well worth it. I really enjoyed hanging out with James and Miles, and also learning more of the ins and outs of my bike. For those of you who never saw my bike in its original form, here it is:
Essentially, the job was a lot of sanding between coats. It's pretty hard getting in all the little spots, but by doing a little by hand and a lot with the electric sander, we got it done. We also put on a new bell and nice new sparkly handlebar tape (and new handlebars from Elizabeth). You can see Miles was trying to help, although he kind of ended up getting in the way! But I love him anyway. I also think James' mullet added an extra special touch to the effort.




With his new color James and Dano renamed the bike Purple Rain. The new name suits him well, and so far it's been really great just riding around Boise exploring new and old places, and seeing all the incredible growth!



No comments:

Post a Comment